Data Protection Policy
Data Protection Policy from www.emac-2019.org
The name and contact details of the controller and, if applicable, its representative:
Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH
Managing Director with statutory representative status: Dr. René Vossen
Contact details of the data protection officer: email@example.com
Purposes, for which personal data are to be processed:
We collect, store and process personal data if you provide such data to us voluntarily in the scope of registration or when you contact us and use such data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your wish for us to establish communication,
- to update our offer to you,
- for conference and event management purposes,
- to send information updates on the conference (also with respect to third-party suppliers) via email,
- for quality assurance purposes,
- for marketing purposes and
- for our statistics.
Legal basis for processing
The personal data concerning you is processed on the following legal bases:
- Your consent, point (a) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR
- in order to perform a contract with you, Art. point (b) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR
- legitimate interests, point (f) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR (see below)
We pursue the following legitimate interests when processing your data:
- Improving our offers
- Preventing misuse
- Compiling statistics
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
When processing your personal data, we work with the following service providers, which have access to your data:
- Providers of web analysis tools
- Parties interested in conferences and events.
Duration, for which the personal data are stored:
- If processing is based on your consent, we store your data until you withdraw your consent at the latest.
- If processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, we store your data for no longer than the contractual relationship with you exists or until the statutory periods of preservation have expired.
- If processing is based on legitimate interests, we store your data for as long as your interest in erasing or anonymising the data does not override our legitimate interest.
We receive the data from you (and the devices you use).
Data transmission to third countries
Data are transmitted to third countries outside the European Union. They are transmitted on the basis of contractual provisions that were designed to meet the applicable law and to ensure an appropriate level of protection of your personal data. Upon request, you may read these contractual provisions.
Right to access to personal data and to rectification or erasure of data and restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portability:
Provided that certain conditions are met, you have the right
- to request information on how your data is processed,
- to have incorrect data rectified,
- to have your data erased or blocked,
- to restrict data processing,
- to object to the processing of the data concerning you,
- to receive your data in a portable format and to transmit such data to a third party,
- to withdraw your consent to processing with immediate future effect,
- to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority about unlawful data processing. The competent supervisory authority is the Hamburg Representative for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (HmbBfDI).
Requirement or obligation to make data available
Unless explicitly stated otherwise when the data is collected, you are neither required nor obliged to make data available.
Additional data protection information
Contact form/Customer support
You can easily contact us by using our contact form on the website. Some of the fields are marked as mandatory fields to enable us to communicate with you. When you fill in the fields and click “Submit”, you consent to your data being transmitted to us via email. The data are not stored on the webserver.
In the scope of our customer support services, you can contact us via our website. In this case, you voluntarily provide your contact details. We automatically store the personal data transmitted to us and process such data exclusively for the purpose of dealing with your request to us. We do not forward data to third parties.
Automatic storage of access data
Whenever a user accesses one of our web pages, the data associated with such access is automatically stored in a log file. This refers to general information, such as the referral page (the page from which the file was requested), the name of the file requested, date and time of the visit, the data volume transmitted, the protocol that was used and some internal identifiers sent by the internet browser and, if applicable, information on the operating system.
This general information is anonymous, i.e. it is not stored together with any personal data concerning you we may already have and is not attributed to such data in any other way. The information is analysed purely for statistical purposes and used to improve the contents and features of the website. These data are not forwarded to third parties, neither for commercial nor for non-commercial purposes.
Furthermore, this website also uses so-called cookies. A cookie is a small text file with an identifier that is transmitted to the user’s computer when the user visits our website, together with the information that was actually requested and is stored on the user’s computer. The file is kept available there for later access and serves to identify the user.
Hetzner Hosting, LambdaLogic Regasus
We operate our online offering and our internet services on servers that we rent from Hetzner Online GmbH (https://www.hetzner.de) and administer ourselves. In this context, we concluded a data processing agreement pursuant to GDPR with Hetzner Online GmbH. For the technical and organisational measures (TOM) in place at Hetzner Online GmbH, please go to: https://www.hetzner.de/pdf/ADV_TOM.pdf
This Data Protection Policy was last amended:
in May 2018
We reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Policy at any time, effective for the future.